*For immediate release
LCL Web Solutions partners, Julia Lee and Louisa Chen, planned and presented a three hour continuing legal education (CLE) course about important issues in lawyers’ use of social media. From advertising and ethics issues to defamation on the internet, the CLE was presented to a large group of lawyers at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Philadelphia and Mechanicsburg locations. Over 30 lawyers attended the live simulcast in Mechanicsburg on August 19.
Our lawyers and internet marketing team, Julia and Louisa, planned the course, which covered many topics, such as:
- creating a social media policy for lawyers’ employees,
- discovery issues related to parties and witnesses’ social media accounts,
- Pennsylvania court rulings on social media discovery,
- new and emerging issues related to authenticating social media discovery,
- defamation and the Communications Decency Act.
Ms. Lee and Ms. Chen discussed the PA Rules of Professional Conduct relating to advertising and important issues lawyers must consider before engaging in social media advertising. For instance, lawyers must consider whether using social media to contact a client constitutes solicitation under Rule 7.3. Click here to order the course materials.
Related news: Last month, LCL Web Solutions’ partners, Louisa Chen, Esq. and Julia Lee, Esq., presented Internet Marketing for Lawyers, Don’t Leave Ethics Behind.